Children under the age of 18 and 19 are considered minors in Canada and New Brunswick repectively.  Minors are required to follow the same rules as any other visitors.  Minors travelling to Canada without there parents or legal guardians will be checked very closely.  Please read the Canadian Governments advice for minors travelling to Canada.

Before you travel you must find out if you need a visa to travel

Some nationalities will only need an 'Electronic Travel Authorisation' (ETA) to travel to Canada.  This is a short form that can be completed online.  You can find a list of visa exempt countries who can travel to Canada on an ETA here.

Other nationalities may need a visitor visa to study in Canada for less than 6 months. As a student studying for less than 6 months you will NOT need a study visa to come to our course, if you are planning to stay in Canada to study long-term you will require a study permit.

It it the travellers responsibility to complete the application, alteratively you can employ the services of a registered person.  
You can check all requirements and documents here. 

Some students will need a document called a custodian declaration to help you get a visitor visa.  Documentation does differ from country to country so we recommend you contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your country for more information and clarify whether this is something you will need to enter Canada.   If you require help with this please contact us at  If you are from a country that requires you to have a custodian declaration you must carry it with you when you travel.

Click here to see the entry requirements for your country

Click here to download our document checklist to make sure you bring everything you need to camp if you travelling from outside of Canada

Click here to download the parent consent form.   This form must be signed by both parents to give permission to travel - if this is not possible you must carry documentation, for example a death certificate, supporting the reason why.  If travelling with a group leader you are still required to travel with signed parental consent which gives your parents' consent

Click here to download the family information form

Academic Camp Canada Visa support