Terms and Conditions relating to Academic Summer’s online camp Academic Summer @home
Definitions We: Academic Summer Ltd Student: the person participating in the course You: the person booking and paying for the course These definitions will hereby be referred to throughout the course of the text.
The following document includes the terms, rules and guidelines for the use and participation on Academic Summer @home. When applying to Academic Summer @home you agree fully to follow our terms and conditions.
1. Applying to Academic Summer To apply for a place at Academic Summer @home:
Register your interest by completing a booking form online or on paper · Academic Summer will send you confirmation and an invoice · Make an initial payment of £500, this will confirm the student place and oblige you to the term and conditions · Pay balance 5 weeks before the beginning of the course · The student will be given an Academic Summer email address and instructions how to join the lessons · The student will receive their timetable before commencement of lessons We do not accept responsibility if a payment is made incorrectly in accordance to the provided invoice.
When making the payment ensure there is a clear reference to the application, therefore we can see the payment.
2. Behaviour By signing the application form, you agree to support Academic Summer in the enforcement of the rules set out in the course information. Academic Summer reserves the right of course termination if the student does not follow our rules and instructions or displays unacceptable behaviour. If a course termination occurs as a result of student behaviour; Academic Summer will not refund course fees and do not accept responsibility for any extra costs. 3. Cancellation by Academic Summer With the exception of Force Majeure (See section 7), Academic Summer will endeavour to give at as much notice as possible if tuition needs to be cancelled. In these circumstances, Academic Summer will refund any fees paid by all parties.
4. Cancellation of course by you Cancellations or changes to your booking must be made to us in writing. Cancellation can only be made in exceptional circumstances. In case of cancellation please contact Academic Summer as soon as possible. Our cancellation penalties policy is as follows:
10 weeks before the start of the course – Full refund minus £250 admin charge
5-10 weeks before the start of the course- 50% refund
Less than 5 weeks before start of course- no refund.
In all cases of cancellation, we can reschedule your lessons or offer one-to-one tuition with Academic Tutors Online to the same value.
5. Complaints Procedure You must contact the Director with any complaints using only contacts disclosed in information provided by Academic Summer only. When we receive a complaint, we will endeavour to complete a full investigation into the issue. We also endeavour to resolve any complaints as quickly as possible. We will reply to written complaints within 24 hours.
7. Force Majeure (or Acts of God) Academic Summer does not accept liability for events that are known as 'Force Majeure' which may disrupt the course or the student’s travel. Certain events and occurrences that are 'unpredictable, irresistible and external' and therefore outside of Academic Summer’s control.
8. Intellectual Property All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) relating to Academic Summer and Academic Summer @home, belong to Academic Summer and/or third parties. Nothing in the Terms grants you a right or license to use any trademark, design right or copyright owned or controlled by the Academic Summer.
9. Marketing and Advertisement All of our marketing will present our services in an accurate form and not misleading customers. Academic Summer will not pass personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. For competitions applications must read our terms and conditions before entering. By providing contact email address you provide permission for only Academic Summer and partners to contact you if you are selected a winner and also for marketing purposes
10. Use of information and data Academic Summer only completes reasonable collection, use and disclosure of information. By submitting your application form and information, you provide consent for Academic Summer to use this information within terms of reasonable use. Any information collected is stored with appropriate security with limited access to only those who require such information as part of Academic Summer's operations. Academic Summer will not pass personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. For all complaints referring to the Personal Information Protection Act, the privacy officer will be consulted and a complete investigation into the said matter will occur, appropriate actions will then be taken depending on the outcome